Tuesday, June 7, 2011

SUSHI KING

Was recently at Eaton Centris Mall along EDSA corner Quezon Avenue with a friend for a quick bite .......it was just my first time to visit the place so I'm not all that familiar with the ins and outs. (but first impression seems to indicate that the mall is not all that big)

Anyway, for the past couple of weeks, my friend has been telling how she enjoys the Tofu Steak from SUSHI KING and that I should try it once we do a food trip there. The eatery is pretty much a fast food type joint wherein you place your orders at the counter and they will have your food delivered to your table. (pretty much like the other fast food joint Tokyo Tokyo)

It was just the two of us so we weren't able to order too much food.


MIXED SUSHI



For a fastfood joint, I was quite impressed with the knife skills of the cook. The raw fish were sliced in a clean and nice way and they were somewhat fresh. The sushi rice though had that overpowering flavor of the vinegar so it somewhat overpowered everything else.


TOFU STEAK



My friend's recommendation and the main reason why we are here....... While the dish had a good semi sweet salty flavor and that the tofu were nicely cooked. I really wouldn't call it Tofu Steak. It's actually more similar to Tofu Agedashi with a slight variation that this particular dish had some ground pork added.


CHICKEN RAMEN



The noodles tasted and had the texture pretty much like what you would find in those instant mami packs. The broth was almost on the bland side and I think deep frying the chicken in batter was a bad idea as it made them soggy when soaked in the broth for longer periods.


GYUDON



A rice topping dish with sliced beef and onions...... This was my friend's order and unfortunately I forgot to taste it.


***********************************

SUSHI KING is located at the Second Floor of Easton Centris Mall. (Just beside a Hap Chan Tea House)

1 comment:

  1. Is Sushi King still over at Centris? I doubt it :(

    ReplyDelete