Thursday, January 26, 2012

CAFE REPUBLIQ

 

Quesadilla
Beef Short Ribs "Kalbi", Fresh Cilantro, Kimchee and Cheese Mix



When the dish was served, I noticed that the skin had a significant charr and that had me worried. Not that I don't like charred quesadillas but I had a feeling that the skin has become brittle that it's going to be a messy piece of quesadilla. (in the end, i was right about the brittle part)

Brittle Quesadilla notwithstanding...... It had good flavor with the right balance between the meat and the cheese. Though I was wondering about the Kimchi and the Cilantro part as I did not taste any of it (even if it was written in the menu).


Pulled Pork Barbeque Sandwich, Horseradish Mayo and Crispy Onions



Pork was overcooked so it had that dry and flakey texture. The Mayo had very little (if none at all) of the horseradish and the onions were not crispy.


Grilled US Porkchop, Thick Cut



Nicely cooked, very tender and quite flavorful even without the use of any sauces.


Grilled US Porkchop, Shoulder Steak



When we sliced the pork, we noticed that the insides are still raw. We sent it back to the kitchen so they can grill it some more. When it came out, I was a little concerned that the meat might have dried out but thankfully it wasn't the case.

And as it turned out this was my faveorite dish for the night as they managed to make this porkchop taste like a piece of beef steak.


US Beef Potroast in Mushroom Sauce and Soft Mashed Potatoes



Definitely overcooked so it was already dry on the insides. The mushroom sauce did little to help moisten the meat.


Miso Glazed Salmon, White Rice and Steamed Vegetables



Looks like it was grilled nicely on the outside but the fish is still raw on the insides.

Not that I'm afraid of fish with a raw center (remember I love sashimi) but I forgot to ask the server if it was the intention of the chef to do so. if it was intended by the chef, then the fish is cooked just right. but if it wasn't, then what we have here is a piece of undercooked salmon.


*************************

CAFE REPUBLIQ is located at Resorts World in Paranaque

No comments:

Post a Comment