Thursday, July 19, 2012

RESTORANTE LA CAPRE

Complimentary Nachos



Ground beef is a little overdone and the tomato salsa had a weird  aftertaste. (but hey, I shouldn't really be complaining since its free)


Pizza La Capre



Crust is tortilla thin and comes out very crispy (but not burnt). And  because of the thinness, we taste more of the toppings like the cheese  and the shrimps. I purposely left a slice of the pizza on my plate for a  good 30 minutes, and while the dish had already gotten cold, the  crispiness of the crust is still there and there is no flakey texture  from the cheese. (but eventually, the crust will soften up)

Considering  Restorante La Capre also doubles as an inuman venue (watering hole),  this pizza dish would make a great pulutan. (this was my favorite dish  of the evening)


Sizzling Gambas



Shrimps are too small. The garlic was overdone so the dish had a very bitter aftertaste.


Asian Crocodile



Sizzling Crocodile



Both  sauces from the two crocodile dish were good with the sizzling version  having a bit more heat. Texture of the meat is chewy, much like a  properly cooked squid. Taste resembles that of chicken.


Tapang Baboy Damo



I'm assuming that the pig is of the wild kind so I expected the meat to  be a bit tougher than those brought in the regular market. In reality it  isn't much tough to chew on but I must admit it's not as tender as I  would have wanted to be.

The meat is a bit gamey, but the accompanied vinegar dipping sauce does help to lessen the aftertaste.


T-Bone Steak



We asked for medium doneness, it came out well done. The result is a  piece of semi dry steak is that is quite tough to chew on. Side veggies  are still crispy and seasoned well.


Canton con Lechon



The pansit canton is nothing to crow about, especially with the  soggy noodles. I'm pretty sure there are pansiterias in the metropolis  that are much much better. The several pieces of lechon kawali are good  on its own but as whole doesn't really elevate the noodle dish.


***************************************

Restorante La Capre is located at Scout Santiago corner Scout Limbaga.




On a personal sidenote:

Ever  since my first visit here, I went back several times to try some of the  other pizza flavors, and they turn out to be quite good too. I also  enjoyed their oysters and their lamb steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment