Wednesday, September 5, 2012

CAFE FRANCE (Ongpin St. corner Nueva)



Was recently in the Binondo area with some relatives ..... we had just come from a family function and they suggested we stop by for some coffee before we part ways. They said that we try Cafe France since it just recently opened. All of my relatives opted for just coffee while I thought about trying at least a sandwich to go with my coffee.


I ordered a Gourmet Norwegian Salmon Sandwich ....... and this was what I got.



My expectations were probably a bit too high that particular day. But if I'm not mistaken, I don't see anything "Gourmet" about it. Heck this is probably one of the most boring looking sandwich I've seen in my entire life. Call me "maarte" but I would at least expect a better presentation and probably a side of chips or fries.

Boring looking aside ..... is the sandwich any good ????



Lets just say all I tasted are the egg salad. (maybe they should have called it an Egg Salad Sandwich and bill me less than the 195 pesos that I paid for)


**********************************

Oh !! Coffee (served lukewarm) wasn't that good either and all of my relatives (who are coffee adiks) agreed on my statement.

2 comments:

  1. What in the world...wait.. is that a "sandwich"? No kidding!

    I saw a branch of this somewhere (forgetful) and initially thought Delifrance might have changed names kasi yung Font parang Delifrance nga. Then I thought, might try this place next time.

    Now I know I won't! Thanks for saving me from a possible gastronomical disaster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the food are so so.... The thing i don't like in this Cafe France branch is the service. Especially the girl manager who is short and chinese looking, who is not lively and doesnt greet customers well. Staffs here should be trained about customer service

    ReplyDelete