Saturday, January 28, 2012

TANABE JAPANESE RESTAURANT

 Mixed Sashimi



Overall, what we got were fresh pieces of raw fish.... Minor issue would  that the octopus were a bit too chewy. Its the uni sashimi that the  most problems.

Aside from it being served in too small pieces that it was very  difficult to pick up with chopsticks. (I had to make use of a spoon)  It's freshness is questionable because of the obvious dark  discoloration.


California Maki



Much like my previous foodtrip in a different Japanese inspired resto,  the sushi rice is sticky enough to hold everything in place and yet not  be overly sticky. but still the same minor issue would be it's big size  that we couldn't eat it with just a single bite.


Cha Soba (Green Tea Cold Noodle)





Wasnt really on my agenda to order this cold noodle dish but since I was  with several companions who haven't tried such a dish, I ordered one  for them to taste.

Their verdict is that the taste is ok but that it might take some time  before they get used to noodles that are purposely served cold.


Maguro Steak



It was a little overcooked, but still an enjoyable dish.


Ebi Tempura



This was my companions order since I'm not really fond of tempura. In  fairness, the batter is just right so you can still taste the shrimp.


Uniyaki



I don't know how they managed to grill those tiny pieces of sea  urchin.... Either way, when the dish was served, what we saw is a plate  of mushy, watery sea urchin which looked really unappetizing. it's got a  burnt aftertaste so we really did not enjoy this dish. (I'd settle for  the raw kind next time)


Tomato Bacon



So far, I have tried bacon wrapped asparagus as well as bacon wrapped  enoki mushrooms (golden mushrooms to some people). This was my first  time to encounter them make use of tomatoes. Just out of curiosity, we  ordered the dish and found that the acidity and the sourness of the  tomatoes went really well with the fattiness and saltiness of the bacon.

They provided us with this semi sweet dipping sauce but I personally did not make use of it anymore.


************************

TANABE JAPANESE RESTAURANT is located at Remedios Circle, Adriatico Street, Manila City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment