Wednesday, February 8, 2012

AJISEN RAMEN


Was recently in the mood for some ramen ..... but I wasn't in that much of a mood to try out newer ones so its offto my present favorite. Its been months since I last ate here so here's hoping the ramen dish is still good.

And since we are here already, might as well try some of the appetizers.

Ebi Wrap
Shrimp Roll wrapped in Lettuce



I took a few bites but I could not taste any shrimp. Underneath the layers of thinly sliced cucumbers, crab roe, tempura flakes and tuna shavings,



I got to the fritter and opened it up. Only to be disappointed because the filling is mostly ground pork and very little of shrimp.


Enoki Maki
Golden Mushrooms wrapped with Sliced Beef



The sliced beef were a bit overcooked so it tasted kinda dry. On its own, the enoki mushrooms and beef were pretty much underseasoned. Making use of the accompanied dipping sauce made it slightly better.


Beef Teppanyaki Ramen
Ramen topped with Imported Beef Steak



The broth ..... They use the tonkotsu variety which is pork bones that has been simmered for approximately 18 to 20 hrs. It's piping hot, buttery aroma, very flavorful (though I think I detect a hint of msg). the beef teppanyaki were tender and the drippings give the broth a subtle beefy flavor. The noodles are firm and bouncy to the bite. I purposely let some of my noodles soak in the broth for around 15 minutes while I finish off the enoki mushrooms. And when I got back to them, they were still firm to the bite.

Minor disappointment would be the eggs as the yolks were a little dry.


***********************************

Ajisen Ramen is located at: Level 2 North East Square Bldg. Conneticut Ave. San Juan. (they also have a branch at Robinsons Place Manila)

4 comments:

  1. check this out UCC Ramen http://www.jinlovestoeat.com/2012/01/ucc.html
    http://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/awesome/2011/08/uccs-tan-tan-mian-tonkotsu-ramen.html#more

    Seems yummy :)

    Yung Va Bene masarap din :)
    http://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/awesome/2011/03/va-bene-pasta-deli-best-authentic-italian-pasta-place-in-makati.html

    -jannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. note the green ring around the egg yolk....the overcooked hard boiled egg is totally unforgivable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad nga eh ..... if they cooked the eggs better, then this would have one spectacular ramen dish. (at least for me)

      Delete