Saturday, September 22, 2012

NOLITA (Bonifacio High Central)

Recently  took a stroll in the Bonifacio High area and was glad of the numerous  high end looking restaurants coming to life. But I guess on this  particular day, given that I had a couple of nieces around, looking for  more child-friendly restos is going to be the order of the day. Besides I  love pizzas so I don't mind.



Yes  you heard me right, NOLITA serves pizza ....... ordering here is pretty  much like what you do in SBARRO. You line up, order your ready-baked  pizza flavor from the person who looks like the pizza guy and he will  re-heat the pizzas for you. Along the way you can also order for  additional drinks, burgers and chili con carne (plus a whole lot of  other stuff) from the friendly cashier.

I actually forgot what  they call my pizza but its loaded with shrimps, oozing with mozarella  cheese and it even has a sunny side up egg on top. (love the yolk, half  runny-half cooked). Their crust is of the soft variety, there's a sign  that actually encourages you to use your hands when eating the pizza  (although there are utensils around) and that its best to fold the pizza  (yes, its a big slice of pizza) lengthwise so it can fit into your  mouth.



I  have to say, this is one good pizza ...... the softness of the crust  (I'm more partial to thin, slightly cripsy dough, but this one is fine  with me), the gooiness of the cheese, the scrumptious shrimps and even  the egg make for one tummy filling meal. But then again. if you're the  kind that would opt for a little more variety, then paying more than 250  pesos for one slice of pizza may just seem a bit on the expensive side.


*********************



Yours  truly still not having had his tummy filled (I forgot to eat breakfast  that morning), I decided to try a burger...... Again I forgot the exact  name of it so lets just call it ANGUS BURGER (who knows? thats what they might actually call it)

I'm  usually not easily bothered with the price, but I guess there will  always be exceptions ....... I mean 300++ for a burger (even of the  angus variety) I would have expected something that would last for more  than 2 bites. (ok I'm exaggerating a little..... 3 bites). Sure its got  some tomatoes, lettuce and onions. But how about some french fries or  wedges on the side ???? (I think Charlie's Grind and Grill has some  fries)

Oh the burger patty (while looking all juicy and all that from the outside, is a bit dry on the inside ........ and bland too.


****************************

NOLITA is located at: 7th Ave. corner 29th St. South,
Bonifacio High Street Central, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig

You will have to pardon me if I cannot give out a more detailed  direction ...... The Fort Area is one of the place that I'm not that  familiar with (as far as the ins and outs are concerned). Anyway there  is google map for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment