Tuesday, October 2, 2012

MUANG THAI (Banawe Branch)

Been a regular customer here for at least 8 years already, but most of the time I usually buy their food To-Go. This is one of those rare occassions that I dined on the premises.......

THAI BEEF NOODLE SOUP



An order serves at least 3 people (max of 5). Its served piping hot, broth has that beefy flavor with a light kick from the coriander (which is a plus because my family loves the flavor of coriander). Rice Noodles which has the thickness and texture of Linguini is firm to the bite.

This brings back memories of my trip to thailand almost a decade ago. I remember having noodle soup almost everyday for breakfast for a whole week.


CHICKEN SATAY



Chicken was a little dry already and the satay sauce was way too sweet for my taste.


THAI SPRING ROLLS



This is an all-veggie spring rolls. Best to eat it while its hot so you get the crispiness. The subtle sweetness of the sauce complemented really well with the rolls.

I personally think this would also make a great beer mate (pulutan)


THAI BAGOONG RICE



I've tried other establishments that offer Bagoong Rice and this in my book is still the best. One can actually opt not to order anything else as this can be considered a complete meal.


THAI STICKY RICE With Ripe Mango



Imagine a creamier version of our local suman. I especially liked the addition of some gate (coconut milk). And as for the mangoes ...... well at least they are indeed ripe.

For someone who isn;t really fond of desserts, I find this one quite enjoyable.


******************************

Directions: From Quezon Avenue, take Banawe going into the direction of Del Monte. Your first landmark should be a Yellow Cab and a KFC establishment to your left. (this I think is Maria Clara). Keep going straight and probably just a block or two you should see a Chinese inspired resto (Mandarin Sky) to your right. A few doors further down, the small pink sign of Muang Thai should be visible.

While we dined in the Banawe branch, I heard there is another bigger branch somewhere near East Ave.

2 comments: