Tuesday, October 2, 2012

RYU RAMEN (Tomas Morato)

The minute I heard (actually read) about the existence of a Ramen House in the Tomas Morato area, I immediately called the attention of my parents (who like me are very fond of noodles) and they instantly said that we should try it at the soonest possible time. So it was a few days later on a sunny sunday afternoon (right after our weekly "groceries") that we decided to go for a snack. (unfortunately for that particular day, my dad was feeling under the weather so it was just me and my mom)



While still browsing the menu, I thought of requesting for an order of Fried Pork Gyoza only to be told by the friendly waitstaff that said dish was still unavailable and that a new batch won't be available for another 45 minutes. (yes, they make their own gyoza).


CHASU RAMEN
Soy  Based Broth with Ground Pork and 5 Slices of Chasu (Pork)



I asked about their noodles and they said that it wasn't homemade in that they bought it from a supplier. Anyway, the noodles were nicely cooked as it had a firm and bouncy bite to it. Broth was still piping hot but was a litte bit too salty for our taste......... When we were still in the resto, I didn't really took notice of what the menu said about the 5 slices of pork. It was when I was editing the pics that I realized that we were served only 3 pieces. (Guess I will have to be more careful the next time around. hehehehehe)

This was mom's order but she transferred some of the broth and noodles for me to try (I didn't get to taste the egg though)


MISO BUTTER CORN RAMEN
Miso Broth with vegetables, ground pork and special butter



At the very least, I enjoyed the tasty and piping hot broth.......its got a nice light miso flavor that doesn't feel heavy on the stomach. What really irked me was the overwhelming quantity of the cabbage. Why I think it took me a good 10 to 15 minutes just to eat away at all those cabbage (and a little beansprouts) on top before I can actually reach the noodles. And on the bottom of the noodles lies more cabbage. In the end, all I tasted were cabbage cabbage and more cabbage. I couldn't even remember if there was any ground pork or if the special butter was indeed special. (lest I forget about the corn, well the quantity was too insignificant for my taste buds to even notice)


***********************************

RYU RAMEN is located at the Upper Ground Floor of MJB Building, 220 Tomas Morato Ave. corner Dr. Lazcano St., Quezon City

Directions: From the Timog-Tomas Morato Circle, take Tomas Morato heading into the direction of E. Rodriguez, probably around the 5th or 6th intersection you should see a Brothers Burger joint and Alfredos Steak House to your right. The Ramen House should be right across the steak house.

4 comments:

  1. uuuyyy nice nice , i love ramens :)hope this is better than ajisen, but as you said its quites salty :( dont like salty broth, specially when you need to get more plain soup to balance it out! :( but still have to get a taste of this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still sold on AJISEN (even if some people would not agree with me). Now if only AJISEN can cook the eggs better. (they are actually doing a poor job with it)

      Delete
  2. nice eggs... must try soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd probably go back to try their gyoza and their curry.

      Delete