Wednesday, June 22, 2011

COOKBOOK KITCHEN



Been hearing good reviews from several people and I thought I'd give this place a try. Although most of the good reviews was about their original branch somewhere in Mandaluyong, (of which I'm not all that familiar with the directions in getting there). So for now, I will have to settle with their branch in Eastwood Mall.

TOMATO CREAM SOUP



Imagine opening a can of tomato sauce, adding a  little creme on top, heating it up a little and serve. Well thats  pretty much what I tasted. I think it could use some herbs and spices to  give the soup a kick and a little contrast in flavor.

FRUITI DE MARE

Spaghetti with Shrimp, White Fish and Squid in Seafood Sauce



The pasta is nicely cooked and firm to the bite. The seafoods are ok for me as they seem to be properly cooked. Sauce is tomato based with just the right amount and very little fishy aftertaste. (My fave dish for the day)

PESTO SPAGHETTI



My sister ordered this for my niece.... well I'm  not really a fan of pesto so I just took a bite. No long comments from  me, it just plain pesto of which I'm not a fan of (hey I think I said  that already) 

PARMESAN CRUSTED WHITE FISH




According to its menu...... its rich, succulent and baked. What I got is a mushy, flakey, almost flavorless fish dish.

CHICKEN with SESAME REMOULADE

Chicken Fillet Slathered with Sweet Sesame Mayo



Chicken was a little on the dry side. Sauce in my opinion was a little unimaginative as it kinda tasted like a mayo-banana catsup mixture.

CBK CHICKEN
Whole Chicken Breast Fillet with Cheese, Ham and Basil Stuffing served with Italian Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes



Much like the other chicken dish, this too borders on the dry side. The accompanied sauce had this pronounced pickle relish aftertaste which I think


**************************************

Perhaps some other time, I should try their original branch and hopefully it would fare better.

On a personal sidenote: Something must be done with the acoustics here. I can here the conversations of other diners from way across the other side of the room.

3 comments:

  1. Looks visually beautiful for bland tasteless food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when we ate here, the waiter that served us our food was so unaccommodating. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come to think of it, when we dined there, the servers were all camped on one side of the resto and doesn't seem interested in servicing the diners on the other side of the resto.

    ReplyDelete