Tuesday, June 21, 2011

THE CUISINIER BRASSERIE



It was probably around the first week of June when I read about this somewhat new resto in the newspapers (Philippine Star) and a few days later I did a recon as to its exact location. But it wasn't until a week after that that I was able to find me a companion who will accompany me to try out their food.

FRENCH ONION SOUP



It was just one order, but we requested the friendly server to split it into two..... it's not really that pretty to look at (if you consider nowadays that fine dining restos put the extra effort in making their soups look nice or beautiful) but I like the smokey flavor coming from the onions. Of course a minor issue would be that there just isn't enough soup to begin with as we got lots of onions and lots of mozarella cheese. (of which the cheese was so gummy that for every spoonful, it got stuck in our teeth everytime.)

The big piece of bread was another distraction. It was too soggy that I wouldn't consider feasting on it. We just set it aside.

FELICIOUS



Consisting of three dishes in tasting portions. They included the HORIATIKI (Greek Salad); AI FRUITI DE MARE (some creamy pasta dish) and PORK SCALOPPINE (Deep Fried Breaded Pork Loin)......... For the greek salad, I didn't really fancy it much mainly because I'm not always a salad person. The pasta dish was ok, kinda like eating cheezy baked macaroni.

And the Pork Scaloppine ???? It tasted pretty much like the breaded pork strips one finds in japanese rice toppings. (katsudon? if I'm not mistaken) The really disappointing part about the pork dish is that they gotten that from their KIDS MENU.

CASSOLET DE TRIPE
Sauteed Ox Tripe with Cream Sauce covered with Puff Pastry





I'll skip the puff pastry part ..... for me it just didn't look pretty. (looks like a big mushroom to me)

The Ox Tripe were a bit disappointing too. While it was somewhat tender. All that there is was the overwhelming taste of cream. (overall, pretty bland)

SAUMON TOURNEDOS
Oven Baked Salmon with Foie Gras and Apple Figs Compote



The Foie Gras had a nice melt in your mouth texture though I personally wouldn't want to consume too much of as its literally just a lot of fats. In fairness to the salmon, it was nicely cooked and could have stood out on its own (give or take a few extra seasonings). One of the things that I had issues with was the Apple compote. it just didn't taste much like apples. I actually thought I was eating some kind of chinese plums. In my opinion, it just didn't go well with the salmon.

Another issue was there was supposed to be mashed potatoes included in this dish. (based on the picture in their menu and as what the server told me when I asked about it). But they supposedly ran out of mashed potatoes and without informing me they decided to replace it with a small cup of rice.

While it is indeed a very small issue, I expected at the very least a simple courtesy of them informing me beforehand if the dish is not complete. That way I can decide whether to continue with the said dish or order something else. (btw, the rice they gave us pretty much had the overwhelming greasy taste of butter.


*******************************************

CUISINIER BRASSERIE is located at 102 Timog Avene, Quezon City.

Directions: From the Timog-Tomas Morato Rotunda, take Timog going into the direction of EDSA (east avenue). As landmark, you will come to a Caltex Gas Station to your left side. The resto is just across the Gas Station (A Chinabank which is somewhat adjacent to the resto also serves as another landmark)

2 comments:

  1. :( huhuhu major FAIL eto bro. hehehe foie gras with plain rice hahahaha :) di mo tinanong if pwede pa mag extra rice. saw it nga and was thinkin of goin to that resto hehe. thanks for saving me the time n money :) cheers

    ReplyDelete