Sunday, February 5, 2012

Quick Breakfast at KING CHEF


Mom was in the mood for some chinese inspired breakfast ...... plus I  heard KING CHEF are offering big discounts on their dimsums. (at least  during the 7am to 9am time frame)

House Tea are not served in  those traditional chinese inspired teapots, instead they made use of  metallic thermos which keeps the tea hot longer.



Since  I was to have lunch a few hours from now (I normally don't eat  breakfast during sundays) I decided to try to keep things as light as  possible.


Started with some Pork Siumai as well as the Japanese Siumai......





Just the right size (good for one bite), scrumptious and you taste the  pork and none of the extenders. The supposedly japanese version is a  saltier version because of the nori and some japanese crabsticks. (I  actually didn't have to make use of the soy sauce anymore)


Hakaw (Shrimp Dumpling)



The dumpling skin is a little gooey to the bite but you still get lots of the shrimp.



I think they couldn't make use of a big piece of shrimp so instead  they had around 2 to 3 smaller pieces packed inside another thin layer  of dumpling skin.


PUMPKIN CONGEE



The congee is a little watery, but I'm not complaining since I like  my congee that way. Flavor of the pumpkin is just right that its not too  sweet.

Smart thing in that they made use of a metal bowl inside a plastic one. (this keeps the congee hot for a longer period)






****************************

KING CHEF is located along Banawe St (in between C-3 and Del Monte Ave) A starbucks beside the establishment serves as landmark.

1 comment: