Monday, February 6, 2012

TERESITA'S of San Fernando



Was at Waltermart Munoz recently and we saw that they finally opened a branch. Not that we are familiar with the eatery but since mom has always been a fan of dinuguan and halo halo, she suggested we give it a try. I was a bit apprehensive since I knew we are going to be getting "fastfood quality" food, but hey a foodtrip is nonetheless a foodtrip.

Well I was right about the fastfood part as all of our food orders (except the halo halo) were already served at our table even if we haven't finished paying at the counter. (crap !! we're getting re-heated food)


Dinuguan (Pork Blood Stew)



The good thing thing is that they have those visible pieces of gelatinous pork blood. The bad thing is its served cold. (whatever happened to the Re-Heating part ??)


Kare Kare



Too sweet for me even if mixed with some bagoong (shrimp paste). And I was a little puzzled with the red color of the sauce. The few pieces of meat were tough to chew on. (dish was served cold)

Conspiracy theory ....... me thinks they used those instant mixes from sachets.


Pansit Palabok



A little heavy handed on the chicharon flakes as that is what all the dish tasted like. Sauce and noodles are a little on the sticky side. (and did I mention that most of the dishes are cold?)


Pork Sisig



Its mostly fatty skin so there is almost no crunch to the dish (save for a cartillage or two). The supposed hot skillet is not hot enough that the eggs are not cooked all the way thru.


Garlic Longganisa



The sausage is dry and cold, the eggs are a little over (I like my yolks runny)


Halo Halo



Lets see ..... overdose of crushed ice, spoonful of egg custard, evaporated milk, macapuno, some small pieces of bananas and a generous serving of langka. And here I thought Razon's version was bad (But its a good thing I really liked Langka)

No comments:

Post a Comment